The Regulation Amending the Regulation on Supporting the Movie Business (“Regulation“) ready by the Ministry of Tradition and Tourism (“Ministry“) entered into drive after publication within the Official Gazette on January 28, 2021. The Regulation updates among the procedures and rules for the event of the movie business.
The Regulation launched the next adjustments of observe:
- To ensure that the events who request monetary help to a single fee, they need to current a letter of assure equal to the help quantity. The letter have to be ready in accordance with Article 10 of the Regulation on the Process for Assortment of Public Receivables No. 6183 for monetary help of feature-length fiction film productions, feature-length movement image film productions, co-productions, post-productions, and distributions, promotions and screenings of home motion pictures.
- Film theaters receiving monetary help throughout the scope of the Regulation on Supporting the Movie Business are obliged to display at the least six motion pictures inside one 12 months from the signing date of the help settlement, every for at the least one week and for a complete screening interval of at the least twelve weeks.
- Not less than two of the flicks must be screened after 4 pm. The film theaters should provide three screening periods of every film a day in film theaters containing at the least fifty seats, for industrial functions.
- The annual monetary help supplied by the Ministry won’t exceed 30% of the income obtained from the total ticket quantity if the movie show operates at full capability for 3 periods.
- Fifty p.c of the monetary help might be paid after the signing of the help settlement and the remaining 50% after the film screening and the invoices, payrolls for screenings and the receipt displaying that the producer shares have been paid are accepted by the Basic Directorate of Cinema.
Film theaters have been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Regulation ensures sure authorities help and reformulates the obligations of film theaters benefiting from the help. On this context, the Regulation regulates that in sure circumstances a letter of assure equal to the monetary help have to be offered as a assure and film theaters benefiting from the help should display at the least six motion pictures inside one 12 months from the signing of the help settlement as a way to obtain help.