The meteoric rise of ethereum has fueled one thing of a gold rush for folks trying to get in on the motion by mining ether themselves. This requires constructing a customized “mining” pc from scratch, which isn’t fairly as onerous because it sounds.
On this how-to video, Motherboard contributor Daniel Oberhaus walks you thru the step-by-step directions for constructing an ethereum mining rig from the bottom up. By the tip of the tutorial you’ll be properly in your approach to mining ether and contributing to the upkeep of the ethereum community with your personal computing energy.
(1) MSI Z-170a Motherboard – http://fave.co/2vGI3LV
(2) 470rx Gigabyte graphics processing models –
(2) powered risers – http://fave.co/2h19X22
(8) ½ in. aluminum angles, lower to 14 inches – http://fave.co/2h1a1P8
(5) ½ in. aluminum angles, lower to 24 inches – http://fave.co/2h1a1P8
(3) 1×2 picket blocks – http://fave.co/2h1uyTJ
(1) 1000 watt Corsair energy provide unit – http://fave.co/2vH129p
(1) Intel Celeron G3900 central processing unit –
(1) 4 GB stick of RAM – http://fave.co/2vGLcvc
(1) energy swap – http://fave.co/2h0y0hE
(1) ethernet cable – http://fave.co/2h1diOs
(1) 16 GB USB stick – http://fave.co/2vGJMkk
(1) pc monitor – http://fave.co/2vH9y8i
(1) pc keyboard – http://fave.co/2vGPIK6
(1) pc mouse – http://fave.co/2h1iGRC
(1) pack of zipties – http://fave.co/2h11I69
(36) self-driving screws – http://fave.co/2vGLjXP
Disclosures: VICE Media earns a small fee on merchandise offered by means of these hyperlinks. Daniel Oberhaus owns and mines ethereum.
Credit score: The Noun Mission
Subscribe to MOTHERBOARD: http://bit.ly/Subscribe-To-MOTHERBOARD
Extra movies from the VICE community: https://www.fb.com/vicevideo